BigCommerce is a cost-effective, mid-market SAAS ecommerce platform. By de-coupling core parts of the platform, headless ecommerce is an easy achievement. With a wide range of apps and in-built B2B features, you can manage every aspect of your business from a single, unified platform.
As ecommerce specialists, one of the most common questions we're asked is, which platform is best? The answer to that always depends on your goals as well as your current needs. Taking into account your priorities, we can see how BigCommerce or any other platform will best suit the solution. The aim is to not only address your current requirements, but allows plenty of room for you to grow and scale.
The key features of the BigCommerce platform include:
- Single platform supports both B2C and B2B
- Robust APIs (higher usage limits and more granular) across the platform
- Decoupled core parts of the platform to push headless ecommerce
- Includes “Page Builder” (no coding required) – Drag & drop widgets to create dynamic content on storefronts
- Payment provider agnostic and provides flexibility around the checkout page
- Built-in: Abandoned cart reminders, Analytic tools and reporting
One of the differences between BigCommerce and ‘Shopify Plus’ is that BigCommerce has a big B2B presence, whereas ‘Shopify Plus’ is almost entirely B2C. BigCommerce provides a simple to use and intuitive backend dashboard. This platform automatically links your store to numerous channels like Facebook, Amazon eBay. It offers selling products on subscription, preorder, try-before-you-buy, custom payment plans.
- Multi-channel integration
- Built-in flexible SEO
- Fully efficient CMS functionality
- Mobile-friendly platform
- Easily customisable
- Powerful performance
- Includes numerous Third party integrations and over 65 payment gateways like PayPal, Apple Pay
- Improved performance and scalability
- Robust security
- PCI compliant
BigCommerce is the platform of choice that integrates with your systems (ERM, PIM, CRM, etc.) through robust APIs. The BigCommerce Enterprise plan comes with all the out-of-the-box features you need to get started selling B2B or B2C. On the other hand, B2B Edition offers everything in BigCommerce Enterprise, plus more next-level features designed to meet the additional complexities for B2B ecommerce, whether you're new to online or have been selling online for decades.
The specific features include:
- Custom price lists down to SKU level, based on customer group
- Corporate account management allows setup of multiple tiers of buyers with specific roles and permissions at a granular level
- Restricted log-in. Guest and B2C users can also apply for a corporate account.
- Invoice portal so customers can manage/pay invoices online with various payment methods
- Sales representative quoting/discounts for customers
- Manage and save multiple shopping lists which can be retrieved later
- Payment method visibility control